1) It was the first time in a year and a half that I had seen the night face to face.
2) I wonder if it’s because I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature.
3) I stayed awake on purpose until half past eleven one evening in order to have a good look at the moon for once by myself.
4) Your friend, who doesn’t work hard, asks you to help him cheat in the end-of-term exam.
5) If you have some trouble (in) getting along with your friends, you can write to the editor and ask for advice.
6) Add up your score and see how many points you can get.
7) What he did has added to our difficulties.
8) His income adds up to $1000 a month.
9) It's no pleasure looking through these any longer because nature is one thing that really must be experienced.
10) Why is she so concerned about his attitude to her work?
11) The police asked him to set down what he had seen in a report.
12) As I was about to go out and search for him, he happened to come in.
13) Mr. Jones lives alone and often feels lonely.
14) We tried to calm him down, but he kept crying.
15) Does he dare (to) go out at night in such stormy weather?